Straight into the good news...Wanted...One C&S candidate! This is a UK role.
What they’re looking for: we’re after someone with clearing knowledge though experience as a desk assistant/knowledge of the full trading lifecycle would suffice. Individuals will also be using SQL on a daily basis so the perfect candidate would have these skills. However, if someone can demonstrate technical proficiency/the ability and will to learn then we can happily train.
Any interest? Send your CV / details through and I will pass on to the firm.
This weeks piccie: Bank profits head east....
ASIC today released its annual assessment report of the ASX Group (ASX) licensees (REP 289).
The assessment covers the period 1 July 2010 to 1 November 2011 and pays attention to how ASX dealt with a number of specific issues, including:
- the sufficiency of ASX’s technological resources, in particular following the ASX market outage on 27 October 2011,
- the operation of ASX’s conflict handling arrangements, in particular the arrangements it has in place to manage entities with which it has a real or perceived conflict of interest, and any considerations arising from ASX’s new managing director and CEO’s board membership of another ASX-listed company, and
- ASX’s framework for admitting participants to its markets and clearing and settlement facilities.
Meltdown crisis? Hold the line for 45 minutes!
Canada's competition watchdog and Ontario's securities regulator on Wednesday approved a CA$3.8 billion (US$3.75 billion) bid by a group of Canadian financial institutions to take over the operator of the Toronto Stock Exchange and merge it with two other exchanges.
AFP via Yahoo! News
Japan's two biggest bourses said Thursday they have won regulatory approval for a planned merger in January amid stiff competition from overseas rivals.
Weldon swaps shares for grapes
MarkitServ has teamed up with Swift to deliver trades from Swift to FX CCPs, via MarkitServ’s FX clearing gateway.
Given the role of custodians as key service providers within the financial services industry, areas that a custodian may need to consider include:
- unauthorised debiting of omnibus accounts
- stability and safety of IT systems
- operational risks created by manual and disparate systems
- whistleblowing culture and framework
- reporting in relation to suspicious third party valuations
- breach reporting relating to custodial and investment administration services, and
- the risks inherent in corporate actions such as share buy-backs and rights issues
Report 291 Custodial and Depository services in Australia (REP 291) also foreshadows ASIC’s intention to consult with industry about updating its regulatory guidance for the holding of scheme property. In addition, we are proposing:
- changes to the financial resource requirements of custodians, and
- to require responsible entities and other financial product issuers to provide clearer disclosure about the role of custodians in retail marketing material, including product disclosure statements (PDS).
Seven new members join SWIFT Board
Amsterdam-based IMC, a prop trading firm, has hired Wim Den Hartog as co-head of its Chicago office, a position which will be made effective on 1 September.