Omega ATS is looking to offer a faster matching engine with more market data in a bid to bolster its overall appeal to investors and further its pursuit to be Canada’s speediest ATS
ASIC has welcomed the announcement by the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) that it has endorsed Australia’s regulatory regime on credit rating agencies (CRAs).
The platforms are designed to bring together multi-asset electronic trading, research and analytics on to one platform, in a bid to leverage technology across the businesses and reduce spend.
Brokers’ equity commissions, European major markets, long-only clients
Bank of America has targeted expense cuts of $5 billion from its back-office and retail operations, and might lower annual costs $3 billion more under CEO Brian T. Moynihan's efficiency plan. "What is the right fixed-cost structure given what we see in the market conditions and opportunities?" Moynihan said. "We need that business to come back or we’ve got to do more in expenses."
Dutch show how not to run housing policy
Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing,
and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the
confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
* You believe that stubbies can be either drunk or worn.
* You've made a bong out of your garden hose rather than use it for something illegal such as watering the garden.
* You understand that the phrase 'a group of women wearing black thongs' refers to footwear and may be less alluring than it sounds.
* You believe it makes perfect sense for a nation to decorate its highways with large fibreglass bananas, prawns and sheep.
* You pronounce Melbourne as 'Mel-bin'.
* You think 'Woolloomooloo' is a perfectly reasonable name for a place.
* You understand that 'Wagga Wagga' can be abbreviated to 'Wagga' but 'Woy Woy' can't be called 'Woy'.
* You know that there is a universal place called "woop woop" located in the middle of nowhere...no matter where you actually are.
* You're secretly proud of our killer wildlife.
* You believe that cooked-down axle grease makes a good breakfast spread. You've also squeezed it through Vita Wheats to make little Vegemite worms.
* You believe all famous Kiwis are actually Australian, until they stuff up, at which point they again become Kiwis.
* Beetroot with your Hamburger... Of course.
* You know that certain words must, by law, be shouted out during any rendition of the Angels' song 'Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again' ....and "Living next door to Alice".
* You believe that the more you shorten someone's name the more you like them.
* You know how to abbreviate every word, all of which usually end in -o: arvo, combo, garbo, kero, lezzo, metho, milko, muso, rego, servo, smoko, speedo, righto, goodo etc.
* You've only ever used the words - tops, ripper, sick, mad, rad, sweet - to mean good. And then you place 'bloody' in front of it when you really mean it.
* You understand that 'excuse me' can sound rude, While 'scuse me' is always polite.
* You say 'no worries' quite often, whether you realise it or not.
* You believe the 'l' in the word 'Australia' is optional.
* You know that some people pronounce Australia like "Straya" and that's ok.
* You believe that the confectionery known as the Wagon Wheel has become smaller with every passing year.
* You wear ugg boots outside the house.
* You know what it's like to swallow a fly, on occasion via your nose.
* You know it's not summer until the steering wheel is too hot to handle and a seat belt buckle becomes a pretty good branding iron.
* Your biggest family argument over the summer concerned the rules for beach cricket.
* You still think of Kylie as 'that girl off Neighbours'.
* When working on a bar, you understand male customers will feel the need to offer an excuse whenever they order low-alcohol beer.
* You have some time in your life slept with Aeroguard on in the summer. Maybe even as perfume.
* You own a Bond's chesty. In several different colours.